Monday 22 February 2016

Meet Our Ambassador Maddie!

My name is Maddison and I am so honored to be your National Canadian Ambassador.
My journey with NCGTM has been amazing, from my first pageant back in the summer of 2014. Back then I would never think I would be where I am now.
After winning my provincial title it was two months of fundraising setting my goal of going to nationals.


While fundraising it gave me the opportunity to meet many people and share with others NCGTM. So many people did not know about it and we're very interested in what it is exactly. Over my fundraising with the support of my community, family, friends, and the staff and students at my school I was able to pay off a great portion of cost. During these few months of fundraising I was also able to do a few appearances at community fundraisers, as well as fairs.

The time came when it was time to go to nationals and I was very nervous. but being able to represent Nova Scotia all the way in British Columbia for my first time at nationals I was excited. With the company of my dad we flew to Calgary then straight to British Columbia. Not only was it my first time at nationals but also in British Columbia and being a traveler at heart it would make nationals that much better.

Nationals was so amazing words can not explain!

The support and help I got at nationals I am beyond thankful for. Traveling with my dad no matter how many times we practiced before hand the hot rollers just were to going to happen. But thanks to other moms from Atlantic they were able to help me and make sure I had those hot rollers in. And thanks to the amazing Casey Mac, my hair and makeup was done. One of the other National royalty moms was able to help do up the back of my dress and I was set to go.
Going through the different categories it was easier after getting the hang of it, every time I would get my hair and makeup touched up then go to line up.
Not only was onstage fun but also off. We were able to get together as one big group and take part in different activities. We did a photo/video scavenger that was amazing.
‪#‎teammegatron‬

Not only did we do activities at the hotel but the older girls were able to take a field trip downtown and also go to a hairspray musical(the talent was amazing)
After face timing my mom and sister back at home it was time for crowning.
I won a award for my scrapbook(thanks to my mom helped make it) and an academic award. During crowning they called up three dads and their daughters me and my dad being one, and they all got a king crown.
When it was time for them to go they asked me to stay on the stage. Liz gave a amazing speech and then announced that I would be National Canadian Ambassador. The whole time I was trying to hold in my tears, and there was no wiping off the smile on my face. My dad came up to congratulate me after being crowned and even he had a few tears.
As soon as I stepped off stage the tears of excitement came. I called my mom back at home who was watching the live stream and even she was crying. While we waited for the other groups getting awards my phone would not stop glowing from all the supportive messages I was getting back home from friends, family and my provincial royalty sisters. After when my age division(Jr. Teen) was called up I went up with everyone. I received personality, and spirit award.
When crowning was finished the new royalty went up where we all got our hair and makeup done with matching dresses to head out for a limo ride to our photo shoot!


My journey with NCGTM is just getting started, I continue to fundraise with my title for different charities close to me and that mean something to myself.
Such as, the Canadian Cancer Society, Heart and Stroke Foundation, and local animal shelters.

I am so excited to be able to continue on with my platform; empowering girls about building self esteem and self confidence. Something I struggled with in the past but continue to build on.

I encourage everyone to try out NCGTM it will be an experience you will never forget!

No comments:

Post a Comment